Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Marriage Really Is Doomed!

One of the little diamonds fell out of my wedding band this morning.

I am always casually checking to make sure that all the stones are there because it's my biggest fear to look down one of these times and my main stone will gone. It's just my luck that this would happen to me even though I take it in fairly often to be checked over by the jewelery store to fufill the requirements of our warrenty agreement.

Anyhoo, I look down and I noticed that the band doesn't look right and upon closer inspection I realize that one of the diamonds is missing. I immediately come back out to the family room to report this problem to my hubby who must have thought I was joking since he just looked at me for a minute without saying anything and I had to repeat myself.

I thought about the last time I saw it, and realized that it must have just recently fallen out, so I began carefully looking over the couch cushions where I was sitting and I actually found it! It was in the crease of one of the cushions. I don't know how I even saw it because it's really just a tiny little diamond chip that probably wouldn't even cost much to replace, but at least now they wil be able to put the stone back where it belongs.

Now we get to make a trip to the jewelery store. Not fun when it's to get something fixed that you just recently purchased. I'm beginning to think that perhaps all of those untraditional things that I did for the wedding which broke some of the "rules" really have cursed my marriage. Okay, not really, but it does appear to have cursed my wedding band ; )

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so cute! I love this post because there were times I thought the same thing! Good luck in being married you and your DH are so cute...

    Oh by the way, I'm a nestie on thenest.com and saw you in the nest book club board.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts!